Description: Blue Ridge Therapeutic Wilderness is a dynamic and growing wilderness therapy program looking to add a skilled clinician specializing in substance abuse treatment to our clinical team. To be considered for this position, you must have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to function safely in a wilderness setting. Qualifications include a Master's or Ph.D. degree and current license, plus 3+ years experience working with adolescents in a wilderness, residential or outpatient setting. An individual must be certified as an LCAS in addition to licensure as a Professional Counselor, Social Worker, Psychologist or Marriage and Family Therapist.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with our Field Instructors to provide individualized treatment for an average of 8-10 adolescents.
- Provide individual and group therapy in the wilderness setting.
- Provide weekly family therapy calls to individuals and couples whose teens are enrolled in wilderness therapy, scheduling sessions that are convenient for families.
- Develop positive working relationships with family members to help motivate them to be highly involved in their child’s treatment.
- Provide skill-building education to families to assist in improving family system relationships.
- Identify, develop, and implement appropriate treatment techniques, being sensitive to the unique characteristics of each family member.
- Build and maintain working relationships with referring professional and Educational Consultants, and provide these referrers with a weekly update.
- Provide weekly updates to Family Therapists regarding each families’ progress in family therapy.
- Provide resources to families to help educate them about wilderness therapy and our program.
- Offer clinical in-service training to staff about family systems & family programming.
- Attend weekly clinical meetings to participate in team consultation and supervision.
- Must have obtained a Master’s degree in the behavioral health field (Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology, Counseling) or PhD level clinical degree; licensed or license eligible.
- Must be willing to commute to our base in Clayton, Georgia on Tuesday each week, with one week per month on site Wednesday-Friday to facilitate our Parent Workshops, and to be available as needed/upon request.
- Proven work experience with families of youth with emotional and behavioral challenges.
- Working knowledge of clinical theories and practices.
- Ability to build and maintain professional helping relationships and boundaries.
- Ability to relate and communicate with diverse population and groups.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/written communication, and public speaking skills.
- Ability to assess and individualize therapeutic support and interventions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to facilitate group processes and promote mutual support.
- Comfortable working and traveling in a wilderness setting.
Blue Ridge Wilderness offers fantastic clinical training, very competitive pay and benefits, an attractive flexible workweek, and the opportunity to be part of a great organization. A competitive salary and benefits package with the greatest office view you will ever have awaits you.
If interested, please submit Resume and questions to Blue Ridge's Clinical Director, Christine Riley, LMFT at [email protected] and Executive Director, Dan McDougal at [email protected] Please visit us at www.blueridgewilderness.com.