Job : Marriage and Family Therapist
Supervisor's : Clinical ector
Location: Woodland Hills, CA
OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE INSTITUTE OVERVIEW: (www.optimumperformanceinstitute.com) Optimum Performance Institute is a leading residential treatment center for young adults ages 17-28. We address the issues that are holding young adults back, and instill the skills and habits to launch lives forward. We specialize in the treatment of ADD/ADHD, Addictions, Asperger's Syndrome, Bipolar Syndrome, Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression and Anxiety Disorders, Eating Disorders, Failure to Launch Syndrome, Learning Disabilities, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Our comprehensive, highly therapeutic program has provided effective in treating the most debilitating diagnoses.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Marriage and Family Therapist has the opportunity to foster relationships with adolescents and their families. Join a team of experienced professionals within an established program with the mission of making positive lasting change in the lives of others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leading individual, family, and group therapy sessions.
- Possess an affinity for relational, experiential and systemic modalities.
- Possess skills in discernment, therapeutic theory, intervention and teaching techniques. Planning, implementing, and adjusting a course of treatment as required.
- Capable of holding appropriate boundaries with students and their parents, have the ability to assess and interpret student behavior, and the ability to make critical decisions based on from multiple sources.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Licensed in the State of California Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or a Licensed Clinical Psychologist.
- Intensively trained in DBT
- Strong clinical background with substance abuse and recovery is a preferred qualification
- Two years of working experience as a licensed therapist.
- One year working in a residential setting.
- Ability to pass a California State background check.
- Able to work with a combined team of clinical and residential staff.
- Good verbal, written communication and professional documentation charting skills.
- Experience in treating youth and to create positive relationships.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The eal candidate will possess a degree in one of the following disciplines Master of Social Work (MSW), Master of Clinical Social Work (CSW), Master of Science Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) or a related discipline.
Optimum Performance Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
If you would like to learn more, please apply https://optimumperformanceinstitute.applicantpro.com/jobs/