This position is responsible for the planning and implementation of therapeutic care for the students assigned to therapists caseload. The care includes individual, family and group therapy per SRA guidelines, and directs and supports the movement of the student through the program at SpringRidgeAcademy. The position reports directly to the Clinical Director. Therapists are to display alignment with the vision and philosophy of SpringRidgeAcademy and represent it consistently to all SRA departments, clients, parents, referring professionals and visitors.
Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
1. Must understand and be able to conduct therapy from a Family Systems perspective.
2. Facilitate individual therapy sessions with the students assigned to their caseload per guidelines
3. Facilitate family therapy with students/families assigned to their caseload per guidelines.
4. Facilitate group therapy sessions with their caseload per guidelines.
5. Facilitate therapeutic intensive workshops as scheduled.
6. Facilitate small treatment team meetings to discuss the progress of the students on their caseload with assigned program professional and para-professional staff
7. Assist in the group training experiences for students and families as assigned. Specifically Parent Challenge, Family 1, Family 2 and others as the need arises.
8. Be responsible for timely and appropriate documentation of therapeutic work with their clients and families. Such documentation will minimally include: initial clinical assessment, initial and master treatment plans, progress notes, small treatment team notes, summary notes for psychiatrist, and discharge summaries.
9. Authorize family visits, both on and off campus.
10. Attend professional trainings/conferences as required.
11. Maintain Arizona State Licensure minimally at the Associate level.