Full-time therapist needed for New Leaf Academy, a year-round therapeutic boarding school for girls ages 10-15. Therapist provides individual, family and group therapy for a caseload of up to 7 students. Diagnosis of students may include: Anxiety, Depression, Bi-Polar, ADHD, ODD, trauma, grief and loss and attachment issues and students typically have difficulty regulating emotions and containing their behaviors.
- Master's Degree in Counseling or related field
- Minimum Licensed Intern in counseling or related field
- Ability to work as a team member within a complex program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and strong commitment to follow through on tasks
- Ability to build rapport with youth and families and conduct therapy while supporting complex family systems
- Develop, implement and update treatment plans in a timely fashion
- Ability to present information to groups of staff or families
- Availability to participate in a week long on-call rotation every 4-5 weeks
- Licensed Therapist
- Experience working in a residential facility
- Experience working with the middle school population
- Experience with girls who have social deficits, especially with Social Thinking Curriculum
- Experience running and facilitating youth and family retreats
- Certified in EMDR
- Ability to be flexible and take occasional overnight trips
- CPR and First Aid Certified
Position is full-time, starting at 32 hours/week and likely increasing to 40 hours/week as caseload grows. Hours vary but are primarily afternoons and evenings and may include one weekend day.
Great benefits package available after 60 days and generous PTO plan after 90 days.
Salary commensurate on experience.