Summary: The Residential Coach is responsible for ensuring the safety of all students and supporting the mission of the Cascade Crest program.This position is full time (Monday-Thursday 10 hour shifts, generally 11 am -9 pm,) If interested please send your cover letter and Resume: Darcy Stevens, Operations Director, [email protected]. For more information about Cascade Crest Transitions, please see our website at cascadecresttransitions.com.
Essential Job Functions:
· The Residential Coach will participate as part of a functional team, which includes management, therapists, case managers, academic staff and residential counselors all working to help students stabilize emotionally, remain sober and achieve their goals.
· The Residential Coach will report to the Program Director or if supervised by a Case Manager they will report to them.
· The Residential Coach will monitor the students during their shift to ensure the physical and emotional safety of all residents.
· The Residential Coach is responsible for notifying an administrator in the event of a crisis or unusual occurrence during his/her shifts. The Residential Coach will follow the instructions of the administrator to resolve the crisis or occurrence.
· The Residential Coach will transport students to program-specific activities and is responsible for driving in a safe and responsible manner.
· The Residential Coach must have a valid drivers license and be approved to drive company vehicles.
· The Residential Coach is responsible for monitoring student behavior while the students are involved in activities, which take them into the public. This includes shopping, recreation or entertainment activities and outside recovery meetings.
· The Residential Coach will work with students to maintain clean, sanitary living space.
· The Residential Coach will discipline a student in accordance with the disciplinary structure of the program as needed. It is the responsibility of the Residential Coach to ensure that they are knowledgeable regarding all program and house rules, each individual student’s status (re: the incentive program) as well as any special restrictions. The Residential Coach should ensure that all students abide by the above conditions.
· The Residential Coach will attend a monthly house meeting and other meetings as applicable
· The Residential Coach will attend any Cascade Crest community or staff meetings that occur during his/her shift.
· The Residential Coach will design, coordinate and facilitate recreation activities for students when this occurs during his/her shift.
· The Residential Coach is responsible for an update Communication Log informing staff of any significant issues or updates on student progress. This should be done at least once during their work week. The Residential Coach is responsible for communicating any safety concerns either through email or directly to other staff on a daily basis.
· The Residential Coach is responsible for reviewing all email updates and Communication logs made subsequent to the last shift that they worked and receiving a verbal update from the Case Manager or Residential Coach they are relieving.
· The Residential Coach is responsible for documenting student behavior on the daily tracking sheet.
· The Residential Coach will complete an Occurrence Report for any situation happening during his/her shift that did or could threaten the safety and well-being of a student or students.
· The Residential Coach is responsible for dispensing medication in accordance with program policy and notifying the Program Director of any discrepancies in medication or when a student misses any prescribed dose.
· The Residential Coach is responsible for administering UA’s and breathalyzers according to program policy.
· The Residential Coach is responsible for monitoring the facilities while on duty and informing the Program Director when there are concerns with the structure or workings of the facilities.
· The Residential Coach is responsible for ensuring the physical security of the facilities. They should ensure that the office and med cabinet are locked at all times when they are not in use. Other facility doors should be locked when there are no students or staff present.
· The Residential Coach will represent the Cascade Crest program to in a professional manner to parents, referral sources and the Bend community.
· The Residential Coach will work certain holidays each year as designated by the Program Director to provide activities and support to students.
· The Residential Coach will conduct him/herself in an ethical and professional manner with students at all times.
· The Residential Coach will co-facilitate group therapy and may lead group activities if assigned by his/her supervisor.
· The Residential Coach oversees the preparation of meals to insure safety standards and sanitation requirements are met on an on-going basis.
· The Residential Coach is responsible for the safe transportation of students to various activities and appointments as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements: Minimum of 1 year in Wilderness treatment, Residential Treatment or other related environment. Demonstrates competency in crisis intervention.
Physical Requirements: Some lifting up to 60 pounds. Reaching and bending. Walking and hiking with students is likely.
Education/Licensing Requirements: High School diploma or GED required. College level courses in social sciences preferred. First Aid/CPR certification, food handler’s certification.
Level of Supervision:
Given – May assist in orienting, training, assigning and reviewing the work of others as a “designated lead”.
Received - Works under direct supervision and primarily selects from a variety of established procedures to accomplish work and receives general verbal and written instructions.