Oversee the medical operations for Telos U. Responsible to care for medical emergencies and for the general medical needs of the students. Responsible for sorting and passing out medications accurately. Responsible for medication preparation for Telos RTC and Telos U students.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Select, train, evaluate, reward, and discipline medical assistants.
- Respond to parent inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Respond to reports of pain or sickness as they arise and assess the student.
- Determine when a student is to be placed on sick bed due to illness or pain.
- Assist in scheduling student medical appointments; assist in communicating findings to the students' parents.
- Check the vital signs and weight of students as assigned.
- Accurately disperse student medications and make record in the Medication Administration Record.
- Count and track narcotics every shift.
- Train Student Living staff in medication administration and documentation in the MAR.
- Monitor students in regard to mood, behavior and affect, and then chart the findings. (Particularly when a student is starting a new medication.)
- Correlate lab draws for the students.
- Administer, read, and record Tuberculosis tests.
- Communicate any pertinent medical information to the Treatment Team and the ector of Psychiatry either verbally or in written .
- Correlate Psychiatrist's schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Report to the ector of Nursing and call for assistance outside your scope of practice.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of standard medical terminology and technique.
- Knowledge of legal charting procedure and requirements.
- Knowledge of medications and of Telos U's procedure for medication administration.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices.
- Skill in using nursing tools and equipment (e.g., needles, thermometers, diagnostic tests, stethoscope, blood pressure cuffs, etc.)
- Skill in assessing the physical condition of the students.
- Skill in communicating medical situations accurately to students, parents, and co-workers.
- Ability to use word processing software and to navigate the local network.
- Ability to check vital signs.
- Ability to work independently
- The position requires a LPN, a driver license, and current CPR certification. Nursing experience is preferred but not required. Psychiatric Nursing experience is preferred but not required.
- Life Insurance
- Optional: Supplemental
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $43,000.00 /year