We believe in a world of equal opportunity.
Join us and help make it happen.
TC Harris School and TC Harris Academy (now 100% employee owned!) is seeking a Director to lead a team of 200 co-owners and the students and residents they serve. T.C. Harris School (TCH) is a therapeutic school offering day services, group home living, and residential care to students identified with special education needs and behavioral challenges. T.C. Harris School provides expert care for students who represent a wide range of intellectual/developmental disabilities and emotional disturbances, helping them find greater independence, gain emotional and behavioral control, and achieve positive outcomes. As it is our philosophy to respond to the needs of each student on an individual basis and provide appropriate therapeutic care based on their specific needs, T.C. Harris School is able to provide services for a wide array of needs.
- Ensures Company, division, and program standards are established, implemented and consistently practiced. Reviews and evaluates services provided within the assigned division to promote quality of care.
- Develops new program policies, procedures, quality assurance tactics and service delivery systems that protect and promote the health, safety, and overall well-being of clients.
- Assures solid financial position of company: develops annual and new program budgets with input from Operations personnel in cooperation with the Company Finance Department; manages to budget and holds leaders accountable to the same; reviews financial reports and oversees corrective action to address negative variances; develops proposals and negotiates contracts and rates for assigned division; facilitates operational changes to address payer initiated rate reductions.
- Responsible for reviewing reports applicable to division, monitoring action plans to maximize division performance, and reporting results to ORP Executive Leadership. Monitors program vacancy and provides leadership, program visibility, and community networking to maintain high census.
- Provides leadership and direction for new business opportunities and development projects to ensure Company goals and objectives will be met. Monitors industry trends and maintain awareness of federal, state, and county initiatives that impact business sustainability and growth
- Provides leadership regarding company needs and growth opportunities to improve service and performance, facilitates collaboration in planning sessions with Directors/managers to develop plans for growth, services and care. Develops and executes strategic plan in alignment with ORP and TC Harris’s core priorities. Evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of the organizational structure and prepares recommendations for executive review.
- Monitors and reviews internal client grievances, investigations and reports of abuse, neglect and misappropriation following Company policy and applicable state/federal regulations. Develops plans to address possible performance, quality and safety concerns partnering with division and Company human resources and operations personnel as needed. Assesses potential risks and in collaboration with appropriate leaders, develops appropriate risk management strategies.
- Responsible for the human resource management and payroll processing functions for direct reports including interviewing and selection; orientation, training and performance monitoring and evaluations; coaching, counseling and corrective action and resolution of employee concerns. Monitors overtime. Maintains clear, objective documentation. Supports staff in their professional development.
- Monitors recruitment, retention and other business metrics; identifies and implements strategies and tactics to address areas of concern. Partners with Company and corporate Human Resources on matters related to performance and accountability, compensation, benefits, etc.
- Conducts self in positive, respectful and collaborative manner demonstrating proactive actions and decision making to ensure supportive work relationships and a healthy and safe environment. Communicates effectively verbally and in writing with Company leaders, external partners, individuals within the community, and employees, maintaining professional conduct and confidentiality.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships within and between all departments, divisional/regional and Company leadership, and individuals within the community.
- Complies with and positively reinforces with others expectations outlined in organizational policies, administrative procedures, confidentiality requirements, and Employee Handbook.
Wage & Benefit Information:
Wage is based on experience
All full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including: Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Short-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, HSA or FSA, Paid Time Off, 401(k), Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, free meals during their shift, and corporate discounts.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, counseling or a related human service area of study is required.
- Our licensing requires a minimum of four years of supervisory and administrative experience in a child welfare agency or therapeutic setting that serves children or one year of supervisory experience and a current license issued by the behavioral health and human services licensing board as a clinical social worker, marriage and family therapist, mental health counselor or a social worker.
- Prior residential experience with a population of children with developmental disabilities, mental health, autism and intense behaviors.
- Demonstrated knowledge in current treatment interventions and therapeutic modalities consistent with organization philosophies required.
- Knowledge and experience with Indiana child welfare systems preferred
- Minimum of five years of work experience in the human services field, with a minimum of three years of leadership experience that demonstrates an ability to lead, plan and manage operational and financial aspects of the business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with prior work experience in using software and vendor programs to develop reports, prepare documents, etc.
- Strong financial and business acumen skills
- Builds strong relationships with external stakeholders, employees and clients (and their families).
- Demonstrates flexibility, autonomy, responsiveness, sound judgment and a high level of initiative.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and respect through appearance, interactions with others and engagement; excellent written and verbal communication skills; and maintains self-composure and self-control under stressful conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.