White’s Residential and Family and ServicesJOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Admissions Director
Employment Status: Full-time/Regular/Non-Exempt
Qualifications: This person must be a Christian and have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or a related area of study from an accredited school if under the supervision of a person holding a master’s degree in social work, psychology, or counseling. 3-5 years of work experience in a related field, such as Marketing, Business Development, Admissions, and Social Services, is required. A master’s degree in social work, psychology, or counseling from an accredited school is desirable. This person must be able have strong communication, interpersonal, and writing skills. Basic knowledge of clinical diagnosis and psychotropic meds is necessary.
Reports to: Executive Director, Compass Rose Academy
Job Summary: Provides direction and supervision over Enrollment Coordinator(s) in the Admissions Department, assisting Enrollment Coordinator as needed through application and admission. Assists Marketing Director and Executive Director of Compass Rose Academy with internal and external marketing strategies. Supports parents of clients through ongoing communication, programming, and specific planning related to Parent Weekends.
1. Referrals and Inquiries:
a. Provides direction and supervision for Enrollment Coordinator responsible for the processing of inquiries, referrals, and admission to CRA. Assists with enrollment/admissions activities during Enrollment Coordinators’ scheduled time off.
b. Responds to inquiring families and referral sources, answering questions, and gathering information on the prospective child and family.
c. Directs and explains CRA’s admissions process, helping the process be smooth and simple for inquiring families.
d. Reviews and assesses all clinical information that is required, such as the Clinical Application, IEPs, psychological assessments, etc. Suggests a decision of acceptance or denial to Clinical and Executive Directors with notes of reasoning.
e. Offers and facilitates campus tours. Notifies the various departments on campus who are involved, including the Executive Director, Clinical Director, Program Manager, Lead Houseparents, School Principal and others as appropriate.
f. Divides responsibility of carrying the admissions cell phone with Enrollment Coordinator to ensure accessibility for inquiring parties.
g. Present on admission day and welcomes the family. Facilitates student intake alongside Case Manager.
a. Manages KPI reporting and provide data analysis to members of the leadership team on a regular and as-needed basis to ensure enrollment goals are being met or adjusted to reflect business needs.
b. Works with internal marketing team to strengthen Compass Rose Academy’s relationship with external marketing / PR firms and assists in developing strategy and content for marketing materials that promote CRA’s image and services.
c. Attends conferences and helps to coordinate activities and events that happen at conferences that align with White’s and CRA’s strategic marketing and enrollment plans.
d. Strategizes and implements plans to deepen relationships with multiple referral sources, including, but not limited to, Educational Consultants, Mental Health Professionals, alumni families, state adoption subsidy boards, and Departments of Education.
e. Assists agency Marketing Director with overall marketing needs, such as material for publishing, photos, general content, etc.
3. CRA Leadership Team
a. Participates in strategic and operational leadership meetings held among CRA staff and serves as a business partner in shaping the future of Compass Rose and responding to current CRA situations requiring leadership’s attention effectively and creatively.
b. Contributes to the ongoing culture of Compass Rose Academy and engages regularly in personal and professional development. Attends Round Tables and staff trainings and events.
c. Assists with planning and implementation of CRA Parent Weekends.
d. Supports overall organizational goals across departments.
e. Presents updates and data on admissions and marketing efforts, needed areas of focus for the entire team, and delegates tasks, as necessary.
4. Perform other related duties as directed by the Executive Director or other members of management under the purview of the CRA Executive Director.
Supervision, Knowledge and Ability
· Must be dependable, well organized, and an effective people and time manager.
· Must have the skills and ability to manage case planning activities.
· Must have the ability to clearly, concisely and professionally communicate through good verbal and written skills.
· Must be knowledgeable of DCS Rules and COA standards.
· Must be knowledgeable of mental health diagnoses and services.
· Must be genuine, empathetic, and emotionally connected in helping teens, relating with families, and working with the referral source.
· Must be a "team player," that is, one who enjoys working closely with other staff members and has the ability to be flexible, adaptive, and positive in his/her interactions with others including those supervised, peers, and others with whom White's and CRA interacts in fulfilling its goals and mission.
· Must maintain professional boundaries land confidentiality.
· Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft WORD, EXCEL and Outlook.
· Must have a valid driver's license.
· Must be committed to the Mission, Core Values, and Vision of White’s Residential and Family Services.
Physical Demands of Position
· Must be able to actively participate in the physical restraint of youths who are in crisis (must meet the requirements of Mindset physical restraints).
· Must be able to drive for long periods of time (trips may require over 10 hours of driving in one day).
· Must be able to do extensive walking, participate in cottage recreation, and do physical labor (that involves lifting and bending) with residents.
· Normal scheduled work hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
· Must be able to work on designated weekends and be available during assigned on-call periods of time as deemed necessary by Executive Director or appointed other.
· Must maintain regular attendance including reporting to work on time and remaining on duty as scheduled and providing appropriate notice per policy for necessary absences.
· Must be able to work with residents' medical problems, which may include exposure to bodily fluids.