Overlook our beautiful campus in Southern Utah: www.discoveryranchforgirls.com
Discovery Ranch for Girls located in Cedar City, Utah, is looking for an experienced Clinical Director. DRG believes in providing a high level of clinical care in a caring environment. DRG combines the power of traditional and experiential therapy to create a clinically sophisticated, relationship based residential treatment program for girls ages 13-18. DRG believes that girls that struggle with emotional and behavior difficulties need to receive help through relationships and experiences in a strength based environment to create lasting change.
Position type and expected hours of work: FULL TIME (40 plus hours per week) full time, generally would work Monday thru Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, sometimes when traveling on marketing trips or conferences there would be work into the weekend. Overtime would be expected at certain times of the year and in some crisis situations.
Classification: Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervisory responsibilities: Clinicians, Psychiatrist, Clinical Coordinator and Medical Coordinators (Nurses).
The Clinical Director at Discovery Ranch for Girls will develop a healthy therapeutic environment where adolescent and families can address individualized therapeutic issues. Will train and support clinical staff in therapeutic process and personal development. Markets the program in innovative and effective ways, maintains a level of quality in licensing requirements and works to support and edify the other departments in their specific tasks. The Clinical Director plays an integral role in developing and maintaining a robust company culture where trust, cooperation, integrity and communication are highly valued and demonstrated. The Clinical Director is expected to exemplify these characteristics in their interactions with students, parent or parents, educational consultants, staff at DRG as well as staff throughout our sister programs.
- Provide successful leadership and management of DRG's clinical team according to the strategic direction and goals set by the Executive Director.
- Ensure that all required therapeutic documentation provided clinically is kept current in a timely professional manner.
- Keep the program running at capacity through the management of clinical team and marketing.
- Ensure that DRG is providing high quality and effective treatment program.
- Maintain a positive culture and engaging work environment following principle-centered company systems.
- Assist with finding, selecting, developing, and retaining talent.
- Ensure that families are receiving the highest quality care.
- As part of the leadership team, participate in all administrative meetings.
- Maintain a caseload of up to 3 clients when needed depending on capacity.
- Ensure that Clinical initiatives and systems are aligned with the Academic and Residential departments.
- Provide training to other program staff in subjects like group therapy processes, maintaining boundaries, healthy therapeutic relationship development etc.
- Oversee research and outcomes initiatives through establishing systems, collecting data, reporting to appropriate departments and managing of KPIs.
- Network with education consultants, industry programs, schools, and private providers to establish trusting relationships that assist in the execution of marketing objectives.
- Provide training to clinicians on therapeutic processes that are effectively delivered to students and parents.
Must be fully licensed in the State of Utah with two years’ experience beyond licensure. Master’s Degree required. Two years leadership and/or administrative experience.
3-5 years clinical experience.
Additional Eligibility Considerations:
Must have valid Utah Drivers License within 30 days of hire and acceptable motor vehicle record per company policy. Must pass Background Criminal Investigation, annual physical and drug screen per the State of Utah Office Licensing rules and regulations.
Work environment— Mostly an office environment with a controlled temperature however, there will be times when moving inside and outside in a ranch-type environment (including animals), there will be varied weather conditions such as wind, rain, snow, ice, extreme heat, or cold. Grounds consist of rocks, uneven grounds, cement, grass, dirt, and mud. Extremely noisy at times inside and outside of buildings.
Physical demands—While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear and talk. This position is frequently active and requires walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, running, sitting, lifting, reaching over your head and driving. Have the ability to use equipment requiring a moderate degree of dexterity. The employee must drive various motor vehicles. Employee must also be able to sit at a computer, potentially for long periods of time, to complete the required paperwork and reporting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision clarity (100 yards), color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel—Industry Conferences 4 -5 times per year -percentage of travel time expected for the position, where the travel occurs, such as locally or in specific countries or states, and whether the travel is overnight.
Discovery Ranch for Girls is an Equal Employment Opportunity(EEO) company
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
** PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR COVER LETTER WITH RESUME TO:
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR