Announcing the opening of Calo Teens Poconos! Calo Teens Poconos, treating teen girls ages 13-18, is located in the beautiful Poconos Mountains in White Haven, PA. As we prepare the 75-acre site and facilities for our girls, please consider the following position opening: Clinical Director – Calo Teens Poconos.
The mission of the Clinical Director role is to oversee all clinical treatment including the management of the clinical team in the program. The Clinical Director is a key member of the leadership team and will represent with the treatment team (students, parents, residential, adventure therapy, admissions, canines, etc.) to fulfill Calo’s core purpose of profoundly changing lives and creating joy. The Clinical Director will prioritize high-quality training and implementation of the Calo Treatment model (CASA), treatment interventions (brain spotting, DDP, Sensory, etc.), as well as the engagement and delivery of services. The Clinical Director position requires a natural “customer is king” and “hospitality” mentality in order to meet the needs of referents, parents, employees, and students in an evolving market. More so than a clinician, this position requires a leader with superb management skills and experience.
Other Specific Responsibilities:
Assist the Admissions Director during the Assessment Phase as required. This may include phone interviews with parents, reviewing cases with consultants/referral sources, participating in meetings, and reviewing cases and making recommendations on appropriateness of students for the program.
Upon student arrival during Assessment Phase:
o Complete Initial Treatment Plan for each student within 30 days of enrollment.
o Maintain and update individual student files during enrollment.
o Review student psycho-social assessment for accuracy
o Complete initial phone contact with parent(s)/guardian(s) and other authorized professionals (educational consultants, etc.) within 24 hours of enrollment.
During Treatment Phase:
o Prepare Individual, Family and Group Therapy Reports.
o Conduct group therapy to accomplish program goals and treatment plan objectives.
o Conduct individual therapy to accomplish program goals and treatment plan objectives
o Conduct Family Therapy to accomplish program goals and treatment plan objectives
o Ensure all notes, files, treatment plans and other information related to each student is completed and placed in student files.
o Maintain close liaison with Residential Coaches on student strengths, weaknesses, needs and progress.
o Complete weekly phone contact with parent(s)/guardian(s) and other authorized professionals (educational consultants, etc.), and fully document these communications in each student’s Case Notes file.
During Discharge Phase:
o Develop discharge plans and create Discharge Summary for each student graduating from Calo.
- Interact with students in a professional, therapeutically appropriate, and ethical manner.
- Share on-call responsibilities with other staff and respond to emergencies as requested.
- Communicate student progress in written and verbal form with parents, consultants, or other referral sources throughout the program.
- Work with parents, consultants, and other referral sources on post-Calo placement.
- Supervise Residential Coaches on their Team.
- Facilitate Treatment Team meetings weekly.
- Oversee Aftercare
o Create documentation (Summary, Brochure, Guidelines)
o Establish and maintain tracking of sessions and documentation of notes.
o Maintain current knowledge of transitions.
o Supervise therapist with training and implementation of Aftercare program.
- Provide Supervision for therapists
- Perform Clinical Research
o Establish and maintain research method and data collection (Current and Post-Graduation).
- Manage Documentation
o Development and maintenance of Joint Commission Standards
- Master’s Degree and State Licensure Required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with clients in a clinical setting, as well as minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a management or leadership capacity Required
- Excellent leadership skills, strong communication skills, and must be creative with excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation, as well as hold a valid drivers’ license with clean driving record
- Must be at least 21 years of age