Job Title: Clinical Director
Job Category: Clinical/Management
Location: Bend, Oregon
Level/Salary Range: CompetitivePosition Type: Full Time, Salaried
Date Posted: 8/8/2018
HR Contact: Stacie Fox
Applications Accepted By:
New Leaf Academy
PO Box 6454
Bend, OR 97708
Role and Responsibilities
- Clinical Supervision of Therapists and Therapeutic Advisors
- Lead Treatment Team Meeting
- Evaluate students' therapeutic needs and provide training or information to the treatment team to help the team provide effective interventions.
- Help treatment team design effective interventions to facilitate students’ progress.
- Meet regularly with the Program Director to coordinate the interface of treatment services and program management.
- Assume responsibility for the management of the program if Program Director is not present.
- Train therapists (as needed) and therapeutic advisors on effective group counseling techniques and monitor group effectiveness.
- Provide individual therapy to students if needed.
- Ensure the coordination of communication with the academic team and maintain communication with the Academic Director.
- Facilitate Family Seminar as designated by the management team or the Associate Director.
- Facilitate Family Workshop or components of the family program as designated by the management team or Associate Director.
- Conduct trainings for groups of staff and parents as needed.
- Review treatment plans and monitor whether treatment plans are being done in a timely manner and work with therapists to maintain timely completion.
- Responsible for quality records reviews to be done quarterly and arranged with the Associate Director.
- Participate as a member of the management team of NLA.
- Assume responsibility for the health and safety of students and staff of New Leaf Academy. This includes participating in any health and safety trainings, drills or procedures; advising the management team of any health and safety concerns; and ensuring that supervisees are following health and safety procedures.
- Follow all policy and procedures and monitor therapeutic team compliance with policy and procedures.
- Advise NLA on any policy or procedural revisions/additions needed for clinical services.
- Ensure that treatment plans, progress notes, groups notes and family notes are completed in a timely manner using an effective recording system.
- Participate in Quality Assurance efforts by reviewing student files periodically at the request of the Associate Director and tracking compliance and appropriateness.
- Participate in a week long on-call rotation every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Support therapists in the facilitation of family therapy
- Network with education consultants, industry programs, schools, and private providers to establish trusting relationships that assist in the execution of marketing objectives.
· Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or relative field.
· Must be a licensed as a mental health professional LCSW, LPC, LMFT or higher.
· Minimum of five years of experience with inpatient, outpatient and/or mental health care preferable in a residential program setting and two years post licensure experience.
· Must have direct clinical, case management and group leadership experience.
· Strong clinical and interpersonal skills, ability to lead and direct the work of others.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· CPR, First Aid or willingness to certify
· Excellent communication skills and leadership skills
· Ability to work with high needs girls in a group setting
· Excellent personal boundaries with children
· Follow NLA Code of Conduct, Dress Code and Boundaries policies
· Experience presenting at conferences
· Experience planning and facilitating retreats and workshops
· Experience with Best Notes
· Certification and training in EMDR and DBT
New Leaf Academy is a highly clinical therapeutic boarding school that serves girls ages 10-15. The culture at New Leaf is one of collaboration and team work. We are looking for a candidate with strong interpersonal skills and a work history of collaboration and treatment by team.