Summary: Assists and coaches young adult students in all areas of academic and career skills needs. Teach classes in adult independent living skills to small groups. Assist Academic Director with curriculum development. Assists in all areas of the transition program and may assist in managing non-class hours.
Hours: 8:30 – 4:30 Monday-Friday. Some flexibility required and accommodated, to be determined.
Wages: Depends on experience
- Develops and maintains classroom management in accordance with program’s practices and philosophy for adult learners.
- Provides Academic and Career Coaching to assigned student caseload.
- Maintains accurate record keeping and meets deadlines. Communicates effectively and regularly with diverse groups, including families and other professionals.
- May be required to assist with supervising additional areas of responsibility including but not limited to: Supervision of classrooms, computer lab and academic resource center areas, special events, and/or student committees.
- May assist in supervising activities including monitoring student telephone calls, study session supervision, and/or other activities.
- Attends staff meetings, trainings and other all staff events.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements: Prefer candidates who have experience working with and around adolescents or young adults. Previous teaching experience, working with learning differences and working with students in a treatment setting is preferred. Experience with/respect for Recovery concepts, COCC/higher education and/or Job and Career Coaching is recommended. Exemplifies a strong overall work ethic in all areas of responsibility, develops and maintains positive healthy relationships with students.
Education/Licensing Requirements: Valid Driver’s License and good driving record, CPR and First Aid training (or be able to be certified within 1 month of hire). Bachelor’s Degree required and teaching license preferred.
Level of Supervision: Works under minimal supervision and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals. Consults with supervisor or higher levels of management on the more difficult and complex phases of work.